Monkey Nutrients - Mag Cal
MAG CAL is a Magnesium and Calcium supplement; two essential macro nutrients like NPK although required in smaller quantities so referred to as “secondary nutrients”. Magnesium and calcium supplements are extremely Important for growers in soft water areas, using reverse osmosis filtration or coco based mediums. Calcium's primary role in plant growth is to provide strength to cell walls, in the same way we need calcium for our bones. Magnesium is an essential component in chlorophyll and so vital for photosynthesis. Along side these secondary nutrients there is also a blend of trace micro elements for any potential deficiencies.
- PAYMENT We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- FREE SHIPPING All orders over $100 free super fast delivery
- BEST PRIEC GUARANTEE The best choice for high quality at good prices.
- SHIPPING We ship to over 100 countries worldwide through fast and reliab
WHAT IS Mag CAL?
• Magnesium and Calcium are essential plant nutrients referred to as secondary macro nutrients.
• Magnesium is the core component in chlorophyll and so vital for photosynthesis.
• Calcium's primary role in plant growth is to provide strength to cell walls, in the same way we need calcium for our bones.
• Along side these secondary nutrients there is also a blend of trace micro elements for any potential deficiencies.
WHY USE MAG CAL?
• Health. It's vital for plants, just like humans, to have a regular supply of Magnesium and calcium for optimum healthy growth.
• MAG CAL is especially important for growers in soft water areas or using reverse osmosis filtration. Water with a low mineral content and little to no Magnesium and calcium, will cause deficiencies in plant health and nutrition.
• Growers using coco based mediums will have to supplement extra Magnesium and calcium due to chemical properties that makes coco bind and hold onto them, depriving the plant of Mag Cal.
HOW DOES MAG CAL WORK?
• Magnesium sits at the very centre of a chlorophyll molecule surrounded by 4 nitrogen atoms. Without it , plants could not photosynthesise. It allows plants to create energy from light and is responsible for its green colour. Magnesium also plays roles in enzyme activation of carbohydrate metabolism and translocation.
• Calcium provides strength and rigidity to cell wall formation in shoots and roots. It also plays an important role in cell membrane permeability. enzyme activation by Calcium further promotes cell growth. A lack of calcium shows serious growth inhibitions in plant development.
• Organic matter like coco has negatively charged sites on its surface. As opposites attract, it holds onto positively charged cations such as Magnesium and Calcium. The medium's ability to hold positively charged ions is called its cation exchange capacity (CEC). Because of cocos high CEC, extra magnesium and calcium must be supplemented for the medium as well, to be sure the plant receives its correct levels.